- Venison roast
- 3-4 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried savory
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup broth (venison or beef)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3 stalks of celery (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 6 carrots (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 4 potatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 jalapeno (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (quartered or sliced)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp fat or oil
- Pat roast dry.
- Combine arrowroot powder, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, rosemary, thyme, savory and salt and pepper, in a small bowl.
- Rub seasoning mixture over all sides of the roast.
- Heat approximately 1 Tbsp of fat or oil in a pan. When oil is hot, sear the roast 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place seared roast in slow cooker and pile garlic, jalapeno, celery, carrots, onion, potatoes and butter around the roast.
- Add beef broth.
- Add enough water to cover roast.
- Cook on high 5 hours (low 8 hours) or until meat falls apart.
Note: When roast is finished cooking, simmer 2 cups of the juices from the slow cooker in a pot on the stove until reduced by half for a sauce to serve over the meat and vegetables.