Stuffed Venison Chops
- 1 pound venison chops
- 1/4 cup Fresh baby spinach (chopped)
- Crushed red pepper
- Cayenne powder
- Granulated garlic
- Black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp bacon fat (or butter)
- Goat cheese (or gouda cheese sliced thin)
- Pound butterflied chops to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Season both sides of each chop with crushed red pepper, cayenne, granulated garlic, paprika, salt and black pepper
- Layer cheese evenly on top of the flattened, and seasoned chops. Then layer chopped spinach.
- Lightly roll the chops, keeping the stuffing inside, and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat bacon fat in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Once fat is hot, sear the venison rolls on each side 2-3 minutes.
- Move the pan to a preheated oven, 350, for 3-5 minutes, or until cooked to the desired doneness.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve.