Stuffed Venison Meatballs
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 lb ground beef (or pork)
- 2 tsp Italian sausage seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Two eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs (We used gluten-free bread)
- 1 quart favorite canned tomato sauce (I used a sauce Scott and I made from last year's garden)
- Brick white cheddar or mozzarella cheese cut into bite-sized cubes
- Combine venison, beef, Italian sausage seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper, eggs and bread crumbs. Mix throughly until combined.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls roughly the size of golf balls.
- Make a hole in each ball with your thumb and fill with a cube of cheese. Shape the meat around the cheese.
- Place each meatball into a crock pot.
- Cover in the tomato sauce and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.