Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock (or chicken)
- ⅓ cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp horseradish mustard
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce (or favorite hot sauce)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp light tasting oil (avocado or olive oil)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and cook covered for 15-20 minutes. Remember to stir often to prevent sticking.
- If sauce gets too thick, add more broth and cook until desired consistency is reached.
Adapted from Paleo Comfort Foods