Pecan Fried Walleye
- 1-1 1/2 lbs walleye fillets (skinned and deboned)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Oil for frying (such as avocado or bacon fat)
- Cut fillets into preferred portions.
- In a food processor, combine pecans, cayenne pepper, onion powder, granulated garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Pulse food processor until pecans are coarsely ground.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and lemon juice. Rub sour cream mixture on both sides of the fillet pieces until covered. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge each fillet in the pecan mixture until covered, shake off the excess and place in hot oil.
- Allow to fry 3-4 minutes per side (depending on thickness of fillets) or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.