Pan Fried Potatoes
1 lb russet potatoes (diced)
1/4 white onion (diced)
Bacon fat and/or salted butter
Salt to taste
Cast iron skillet
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Melt bacon fat and/or butter in the skillet, enough to cover the bottom of the skillet by 1/4 inch.
- Add potatoes to the hot fat in a single layer. (Listen to that sizzle!)
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt to taste.
- Cover skillet with a lid (or another cast iron skillet) for about 5 minutes.
- Continue to turn potatoes periodically until golden brown on all sides.
- Add diced onions and cook until starting to caramelize.
- Plate, serve and enjoy.