- 4 oz pork rinds
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 lbs chicken breast (cut into tenders)
- Bacon fat or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a food processor, combine pork rinds, granulated garlic, cayenne, crushed red pepper, onion powder, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until finely ground, and transfer to a bowl.
- Lightly beat egg with 1/2 tsp hot sauce.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon fat and/or avocado oil to the pan to cover about 1/4-1/2 inch deep.
- One strip at a time, dredge chicken in egg wash, then toss to cover with pork rind mixture.
- Add to hot oil and fry until brown on each side (about 3-4 minutes per side). Once fried, transfer to baking sheet to finish in the preheated oven for 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the tenders.
- Serve with favorite hot sauce.
Notes: These fried chicken tenders are a great alternative for those on a gluten-free or paleo diet.