Eggs in a Cloud
- 5 farm fresh eggs (separated)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Bacon fat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Coat cast iron pan with bacon grease and place in oven to heat up.
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- In a bowl, add 1/4 tsp salt to egg white. With a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Once oven and pan are heated, spoon egg whites into the pan into 5 mounds. Create a "well" in the middle of each mound. Bake in oven 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully place an egg yolk into the middle of each egg white and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and bake 2-3 minutes, or until yolks are set.
Notes: For breakfast, I like to bake 4-6 strips of bacon in the cast iron pan in the oven. Once the bacon is cooked, I reserve the fat for cooking the eggs.