Bangers and Mash
- 2 lbs cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut
- 2 bell peppers (sliced)
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 1 jalapeno (chopped)
- 1/2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 cup beef (of chicken) stock
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4-6 sausages (venison, beef, pork)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, steam cauliflower until tender.
- Add steamed cauliflower, butter and sauerkraut to a food processor, mix until mashed. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and sear the sausages on each side.
- Add water to cover sausage 1/2-3/4 of the way. Cook uncovered until water has cooked off and the sausages are cooked all the way through.
- Move sausages to a plate.
- Add oil, onions and peppers to the pan and cook until onions are translucent, scraping up the brown bits from the sausages.
- Add almond flour, stir and continue cooking 4-5 minutes.
- Add stock and balsamic vinegar, stir.
- Add sausages, and drippings, to pan with pepper and onions.
- Serve sausages, onions and peppers over mashed cauliflower. Top with sauce.
Note: If cauliflower isn't your thing, this recipe also works great with mashed potatoes.
Inspired by Paleo Comfort Foods